- 14 quarts ripe tomatoes
- 14 tablespoons flour
- 7 medium onions
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 14 sprigs parsley
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- WASH; cut up tomatoes.
- Chop onions, celery, parsley, bay leaves.
- Add to tomatoes; cook until celery is tender.
- Put through sieve.
- Rub flour and butter into smooth paste thinned with tomato juice.
- Add to boiling soup; stir to prevent scorching.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper.
- For smoother consistency put through sieve again.
- Fill clean jars to within one inch of top of jar.
- Put on cap, screwing the band firmly tight.
- Process in water bath 15 minutes.