Recipe by M&Mers
If you have a garden, you will LOVE this salad...so fresh!! Nothing beats the tase of home grown tomatoes, basil and garlic. We have made this recipe both with and without the garlic, both good!
- 4 cups fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh basil, snipped into small pieces with kitchen shears
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped tomatoes in an attractive, medium sized bowl.
- Place all other ingredients in a shaker jar and shake to combine.
- Pour vinaigrette over tomatoes and stir to coat.
- Stir occasionally until ready to serve.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least one hour.
- Serve at room temperature.