This healthy Salad is not only easy to make, but is also very tasty. This salad is excellent with Lentils and Rice Dish (Mujadarah). or my its self. see my recipe for Lentils and Rice Dish (Mujadarah).
- 3 medium finely diced tomatoes
- 1 -2 finely diced cucumber
- 1 small diced onion (optional)
- 1 finely diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 crushed garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄2 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt and pepper (pepper is optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together, and ready to serve, although is best when marinated for 30 Minutes.
- This healthy Salad is excellent with Lentils and Rice Dish (mujadarah) or by itself. See my Lentils rice dish (Mujadarah) recipe.
Very good. I made this with fresh mint and pepper, no other optionals out of preference when there was already onion in the salad. I used very sweet baby Italian tomatoes, Lebanese cucumber, flat leaf parsley, freshly squeezed lemon, sea salt and a few dashes sumac like another reviewer. I will definitely make this again.
This is a wonderful recipe. I am Persian, and make this salad a lot, A LOT, but it's nice to have the measurements as have always made it with guestimated measurements! Thanks for posting this!
This was a nice change from the usual tomato salads out there. I did use 4 cloves of crushed garlic and cilantro in place of the parsley as that it what I had. I also only used the juice of one rather large lemon, omitted the salt and pepper completely and used about 1/8 cup of olive oil. We will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!