Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light Best Ever Slim-Down Recipes. This crust, made tender and flaky with heart-healthy olive oil, makes the perfect base for farm-fresh tomatoes and earthy-sweet basil. For a less expensive alternative to pine nuts, substitute toasted sunflower nuts.
- 5 5⁄8 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup par-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped and divided
- 1 1⁄2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded and divided (about 6 tablespoons)
- 1 lb heirloom tomato, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until combined. Combine oil and 3 tablespoons ice water in a small bowl. With processor on, slowly add oil mixture through food chute, and process until dough is crumbly. Sprinkle dough into a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie plate coated with cooking spray. Press dough into an even layer in bottom and up sides of dish. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine ricotta, egg, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring with a whisk. Add 1/4 cup basil and 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese, stirring to combine. Spread ricotta mixture evenly over crust. Arrange tomato slices in a circular pattern over ricotta mixture, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle tomato slices with remaining 2 tablespoons Gruyere cheese. Bake at 450 for 25 minutes or until the filling is set. Let stand 1- minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped basil.