Recipe by SarryLUV
This is a very simle and fast meal. Good any day of the week!
Top Review by BonnieZ
I really appreciated this recipe as it was easy to cut in half, and served well as a side dish that was both different and fresh. For dietary reasons, I did cut back substantially on the oil with good results, but knew it was an important part of the sauce so I increased the amount of tomatoes a bit to compensate. The finished dish is both robust from the olives and fresh from the tomatoes and parsley, and it could not have been easier to prepare. I chose to use angel hair instead of the penne and served this as a side dish to some simple broiled fish. Thank you SarryLUV for sharing the recipe.
- 1 lb pasta (I like penne)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2⁄3 lb cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, Heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Add the red pepper, oregano, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
- 3. Cook until mixture has a saucy consistency, about 3 minutes.
- 4. Toss pasta, olives, cheese and parsley in skillet with sauce until combined.