Recipe by @DRiENNE
This recipe came from one I already had, I just put my own twist on it. It is excellent whether served warm or chilled, and works for a dinner, a side or anything in between. My measurements are all subject to my own taste. Feel free to mess with them a little.
Top Review by bmcnichol
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used a 5 ounce jar of olives. I also used Dreamfield pasta. I thought this was good but needed more garlic. I added garlic powder when mixing in the cheese. I am the only one in the family that likes olives so this is all for me LOL!
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube, crushed (you can put in a zip-lock bag and hammer)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, stems cut off & chopped (basil may be sliced and substituted)
- 1 (10 ounce) carton grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 (3 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne or 1 (16 ounce) package penne rigate
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (or as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the pasta and set aside.
- in a large pot, mix olive oil, garlic & 1/2 of the bouillon "dust" over medium heat.
- when mixed well and warm, add pasta and stir. shut off the burner. *if pasta is dry, add another shot of the olive oil.
- add the grape tomatoes, olives and cilantro. mix together.
- add the parmesan to a cooled down pan, when ready to serve. you don't want it to melt.