Tomato, Mushroom & Kalamata Olive Penne With Parmesan
photo by Shea1099
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 lb white mushroom
- 6 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Wash tomatoes and mushrooms. Halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Peel and mince garlic.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stirring occasionally, cook until mushrooms are tender and tomatoes are juicy, 2-3 minutes.
- Shave or grate ⅛ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Add olives and pasta to pan and toss to combine.
- To serve, place pasta on a plate or in a bowl and garnish with Parmesan. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!