One-Pot Chicken Bacon Spinach Parmesan Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 lb chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large stockpot, saute bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken to the bacon fat and cook until center is no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to the same bowl as the bacon.
- Saute onion in bacon fat for 1 minute. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour, dried minced onion, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, water and milk. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Cook for 9-11 minutes or until al dente, stirring every 1-2 minutes to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, breaking it up to spread throughout the pasta and sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese until it's incorporated. Stir in the bacon and chicken.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top. Serve warm.
Join The Conversation
Did not have high expectations for this dish, but had all the ingredients on hand & needed something for dinner. I was surprised how much I liked it,It was really good! Very tasty, a solid recipe & I will absolutely be making this again. Only change I made I used 2% milk instead of whole milk, cause that's what I had. Thanks for sharing this one, it's a keeper.