Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A healthier dip for raw vegies. Use a sour cream product like IMO or fat-free sour cream. Make sure tomatoes are well drained.
- 16 ounces sour cream substitute
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 12 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate, covered, for 1/2 hour.
- Serve with raw vegetables cut into decorative pieces. Use carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery etc. along with unusual vegetables such as fennel, endive and various colored peppers.
This was a very tasty recipe. I added a healthy squeeze of fresh lime juice to bring out the lime flavor. I had some left over so I heated it up and added some cooked jumbo peeled and deveined shrimp. I served it hot over fetticini pasta. Delish!!!! NO left overs then.
This is a nice dip. I think I like it best with crackers. I like that it is a healthier dip alternative! Thanks for posting. :)
flavorful! I used grape tomatoes in this one, and loved the lime and Tabasco! Made for Football Pool 2012