Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Healthy, hearty, vegetarian, tomato-based soup with garbanzo beans and pasta.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 20 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 10 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup rotini pasta
- Heat a large sauce pan or pot and add oil followed by garlic and onions. Saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Put tomatoes, tomato paste, cilantro, parsley, paprika, red pepper flakes, and saffron into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add tomato mixture to the pot along with 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- Add drained chickpeas. Simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Add rotini and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to desired consistency.
- Eat up and enjoy!