1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Chef #355420's Note:
Healthy, hearty, vegetarian, tomato-based soup with garbanzo beans and pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 20 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 10 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3/4 cup rotini pasta
- 1Heat a large sauce pan or pot and add oil followed by garlic and onions. Saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- 2Put tomatoes, tomato paste, cilantro, parsley, paprika, red pepper flakes, and saffron into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3Add tomato mixture to the pot along with 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for approximately 45 minutes.
- 4Add drained chickpeas. Simmer for another 8 minutes.
- 5Add rotini and simmer for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked to desired consistency.
- 6Eat up and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Garbanzo Bean, Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1012.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 13.8 g