This is a good base for a pizza, or base for a pasta sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over a moderate heat and cook the onions and the garlic until soft, but not coloured.
- 2Add the tomatoes, herbs and tomato puree. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is quite dry.
- 3Season well with salt and pepper and allow to cool. Puree in food processor if you want it smooth.
- 4Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Fonue
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: