Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good base for a pizza, or base for a pasta sauce.
Make and share this Tomato Fonue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 plum tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and chopped
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Heat the oil in a pan over a moderate heat and cook the onions and the garlic until soft, but not coloured.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and tomato puree. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is quite dry.
- Season well with salt and pepper and allow to cool. Puree in food processor if you want it smooth.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.