Cook1 hr 45 mins
Canadians love Tim Horton's and my daughter loves Tim Horton's Tomato Florentine Rice soup. This is my own "copycat" recipe and even if you've never had the real thing, I know that you will enjoy this soup!!
- 2 (32 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, drained & chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- Bring the tomato juice & broth to a boil in a large pot; lower the temperature & simmer for about 60 - 75 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to about half of the original amount.
- Add spinach, garlic, lemon juice& spices; bring to a boil, then lower heat& simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves, add rice and simmer for 10 minutes.