Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Love this quiche.
- 1 cup fresh spinach, rinsed & shredded
- 4 fresh roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 unbaked frozen deep dish pie shell
- Combine tomatos and breadcrumbs in a large bowl.
- Add spinach, eggs, half and half, and next five ingredients and mix.
- Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes (you might want to cover it about 3/4 the way through).
The was a delicious recipe for Christmas Eve brunch! It wasn't specified what size or type of tomato to use, so mine turned out a little watery from too much/too moist tomatoes. A deep dish pie plate is definitely necessary. We'll be making this again!