1/5 Photos of Tomato-Crowned Cod
Cod or any firm white fish prepared this way is excellent! The toppings really add a nice flavor to the fish. It's a staple in my recipe collection for variation. Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 medium sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dry basil, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1Arrange fillets in single layer in lightly oiled baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.
- 3Place tomato slices on fish.
- 4Sprinkle with green pepper and onion.
- 5Combine bread crumbs, basil and oil in bowl; spread bread crumb mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes when pierced with fork.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Crowned Cod
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 73.3 mg
- Sodium 146.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g