Recipe by Judith N.
Cod or any firm white fish prepared this way is excellent! The toppings really add a nice flavor to the fish. It's a staple in my recipe collection for variation. Give it a try!
Top Review by Simmy
Very tasty, my hubby & i enjoyed it very much, and so easy to prepare. The only change i did was cooking it an extra 10 minutes, was not quite cooked at 20 minutes. Will definitely have it again. Thank You Tweeky !
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange fillets in single layer in lightly oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.
- Place tomato slices on fish.
- Sprinkle with green pepper and onion.
- Combine bread crumbs, basil and oil in bowl; spread bread crumb mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes when pierced with fork.