Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Cod or any firm white fish prepared this way is excellent! The toppings really add a nice flavor to the fish. It's a staple in my recipe collection for variation. Give it a try!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 medium sweet green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Arrange fillets in single layer in lightly oiled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper.
- Place tomato slices on fish.
- Sprinkle with green pepper and onion.
- Combine bread crumbs, basil and oil in bowl; spread bread crumb mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes when pierced with fork.
Very tasty, my hubby & i enjoyed it very much, and so easy to prepare. The only change i did was cooking it an extra 10 minutes, was not quite cooked at 20 minutes. Will definitely have it again. Thank You Tweeky !
This was very good, cut the recipe in half for supper tonight, the previous review was right, I too had to cook it for about 25 minutes, it could have been the thickness of the fillet. Lovely taste, the only change I made was to leave out the green pepper,because I made a rice pilaf to go with the cod and it had green pepper in it. The tomatoes, onions and basil complimented the cod. We will do it again, thanks for sharing!!
We really enjoyed it, not only was it tasty, it was also simple and with minimal preparation and cleanup. I substituted a can of Italian tomatoes and used panko breadcrumbs. It needed to be cooked for 28 minutes.