Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from my Horn of the Moon Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups corn
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil and sauté the onions with the oregano and thyme over medium heat until browned.
- Add the canned and fresh tomatoes, then the water.
- Lower the heat and simmer 30 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Mix flour and cream together in a bowl until smooth.
- Stir about a ladle’s worth of soup into the cream. Stir in another ladle of soup, and then add the mixture to the soup.
- Simmer on very low heat, adding the corn, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15 minutes uncovered and serve.