Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whoever heard of bread salad?? Very flavorful and easy. Try it!
Make and share this Tomato Bread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and each cut into 10 wedges
- 1 whole wheat roll, 6 inch, hoagie type, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bread, olives, lemon juice, oil and mint.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes (or up to 30 minutes) before serving.
Wordeful salad! I didn't change a thing and it was excellent! The mint made the salad so fresh, perfect for the summer. It left it stand for 30 minutes before serving it. Its a keeper. This is the first recipe I made for PAC Fall 2008 and I'm so glad I did! Thanks for posting.