Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came up with this because I wanted something healthy, easy, and fast. I've mad it several times with great results! Any firm white fish will work. I make it for one, but it can easily be made for any number of people. I have made this "south beach" style with sauted spinach and mushrooms as a side, or served it over pasta with white wine sauce as a more hearty "non-diet" meal.
- 1 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1 whole tomatoes, any variety
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet, and mahi in middle of paper.
- Dust paprika over fish to help browning.
- Squeeze lemon juice and spread chopped garlic over fish.
- Slice tomato and arrange on top of fish, then drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Sprinkle fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold paper over fish to make a pouch (you can secure with toothpicks) and bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Tomatoes should be cooked and fish opaque.
My family thought this was the best version of Mahi Mahi EVER! I followed the recipe as is, but did not have regular paprika and subbed smoked paprika. Excellent dish and very flavorful! Never cooked in parchment paper before. Very easy and yummy. This recipe does not specify amounts, but I would say I used a whole clove of garlic chopped fine, per filet. I also used a fair amount of the seasoning and oil & vinegar. Maybe that made the difference for the flavor.
Absolutely yummy!! I hesitated to make this recipe because I thought the Italian flavors might be too much for me. I was wrong! I used fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden and followed the recipe exactly. My entire family loved it. I also made homemade tartar sauce using basil, capers, onion, garlic and lemon juice with a olive oil mayo base. It was a meal worthy of a fine restaurant. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'll be making this again!
This was GREAT!! Wonderful balance of all flavors. I did cook longer than recommended since I was using foil instead of parchment. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Amber