- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,crushed & minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh & chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 tomatoes, halved,& sliced
- 3 shallots, peeled & chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted,peeled & sliced
- 6 slices bacon, crispy & chopped
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, diced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- For the vinaigrette, combine everything.
- I use a small jar with a lid,& give it a little shake.
- Set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, shallots, avocados,& bacon in a big bowl, then fold in the feta.
- Grind a lot of freshly ground pepper over top& mix in gently, so the tomato pulp stays intact as much as possible.
- Add the vinaigrette& stir gently once more to coat.