Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
From a brilliant Family Circle cookbook called Fast Vegetarian- ready to eat in just 30 minutes. You could use onion in place of the leeks and add the sun-dried tomato pesto while cooking with equally yummy results.
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock (made with boiling water)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small leeks, halved & sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 g arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 170 g jarred artichoke hearts packed in oil, drained
- 125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan and add the leek, stirring over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic, rice and wine, and stir for 1 minute, or until the wine has almost evaporated.
- Add the stock, a ladle full at a time, stirring with a wooden spoon until until each ladle full is absorbed and the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, and tomato. Season with salt & pepper, and heat through.
- Spoon into serving bowls, and stir through some sun-dried tomato pesto and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan to serve.