- 1 medium vidalia onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 large tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, toss the onion slices with the sugar and cover with cold water. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the onion, then pat dry.
- Layer the tomato and onion slices on a large platter or in a bowl; season generously with salt and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the jalapeños and cilantro and serve.