Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe source: Prevention (September 2011)
Make and share this Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces bocconcini, halved (small mozzarella balls)
- 1⁄2 cup basil, torn
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- In a serving bowl mix together first 5 ingredients (tomatoes - oil). Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Add pasta and chicken to the tomato mixture, tossing.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with basil, if desired.
A winner at our house! DH forgave me for no tomato-ey sauce because the pasta was hot and our substituted shrimp (Spiced Shrimp With Avocado Oil) were also hot. I can't believe how fast this dinner came together, and half a recipe was just right for the 2 of us. We loved the taste sensation from mixing the 2 recipes; it worked very well for us! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
This is a really nice light pasta dish that is perfect for summer. I loved the combination of mozzarella, basil and tomato with the pasta. Leaving out the chicken this easily becomes vegetarian and is still super satisfying.<br/>I used a pesto sauce instead of fresh basil as I was out of the latter and that way the pasta stayed creamy and yummy after cooling, too. We ate the leftovers cold and loved it. Im sure this would make a great pasta salad for potlucks.<br/>Thanks for sharing this keeper, ellie!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #61 August 2013.
A lovely summer pasta recipe. I used tomatoes (ended up with a mix of yellow and red, since that's what was ripe) and basil from the garden. Nice and light, with a bit of a tang from the vinegar. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 61