Recipe by Mirj
I first saw this on the Two Fat Ladies cooking show. I don't know if this is exactly how they made it, but this is our version.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Easy, fast, and delicious. This looks beautiful and would make an impressive dish to serve to guests. My eggs cooked very quickly - it only took about 5 minutes for them to set and 30 seconds under the broiler. This has a great aroma as well as it cooks. I used the fresh basil. Yum!
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small nonstick skillet (I use 8-inch), over medium heat, sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add basil and cook 2 more minutes.
- Place in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Clean out the pan and spray with nonstick spray.
- Beat the eggs the water and 3 tablespoons Parmesan until a little foamy and pour into the nonstick skillet.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the eggs and mix it up a bit.
- Cook over low heat, without stirring, about 10-15 minutes until the eggs are set- it will still be a bit runny on top.
- While eggs are cooking, heat up your broiler and after eggs have set, sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the top and broil until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Great for weekend brunch!
- This serves 2 hungry folk or 4 not so hungry folk.