Tomato and Spinach Frittata
There are lots of Spinach, Tomato recipes but when I checked this one is a little different. I threw it together and liked the result. I say it is for 2 but that is if it is served with a salad and a roll. Hope you enjoy it. I like lite Havarti but use your favorite cheese. The hot spice is optional but it does give some pep to the recipe. An 8" pie plate works but it needs to have at least 1 1/2 " sides. I used an 8" x 6" casserole dish. I used adobo chili pepper for my "Hot" spice.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups tightly packed Baby Spinach, cleaned, stems removed
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces lite havarti cheese, grated
- Pre heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with Pam or other No Oil spray.
- Place the cottage cheese in a strainer and drain for 5 minutes.
- Pack the spinach on the bottom of the dish.
- Add the sliced onion.
- Sprinkle on the Adobe spice.
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a food processor and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour over the spinach.
- Arrange the tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle on the grated cheese.
- Bake in 375 oven until golden and the eggs are cooked apprx 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Just got thru with my first slice.....made it for breakfast. Love the ease of prep...and being able to add whatever vegs I'm craving, and not having to cook them first! And of course bacon. I did not bother to puree the egg mixture, just used my whisk. I enjoy adding vegs to my eggs, and this was a simple easy twist. This one is a keeper......will have to stop myself from eating the whole thing!