Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A easy, quick appetizer or serve with a salad! Adapted from tomato.org.
Make and share this Tomato and Avocado-Goat Cheese Crostini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 French baguette
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups roma tomatoes, seeded, diced 1/4-inch
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 1/4" thick diagonal slices. In a little bowl, combine garlic and olive oil. Brush bread slices lightly with garlic oil. Arrange on baking sheets in single layers. Bake crostini for 10-15 minutes, till golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and let cool. These can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container. Be sure to let cool completely before storing.
- In a bowl combine avocado, goat cheese and salt. Mix until smooth. (To make in advance, save avocado pit and bury in mixture to prevent browning.).
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and basil.
- To serve, spread each crostini with about 1 tablespoon of avocado mixture, then top with tomato-basil mixture. Garnish with small basil leaves if desired.
These were delicious! Everyone who tried these loved them! The type of tomatoes you use matters in this recipe as the flavor really stands out! You can also leave the avocado out if you want to and they will still be fantastic (though I did use them)! Thank you for sharing!
Made these for an appetizer at Easter and this is by far the best recipe I've tried on recipezaar. I crave these goat cheese crostinis and can't wait to have an excuse to make it again! In place of fresh basil I had a tube of prepared basil that you get in the produce section at the grocery store. Couldn't tell the difference between the real thing. Made the ingredients the day before and put the bruschettas together the next morning. Awesome!
VERY tasty! The light green spread with the bright red tomato is so pretty. What a great flavor combo. My baguette had lots of air holes, but the mashed avocado spread filled those in nicely making the perfect base for the tomato. I used a slotted spoon with the tomatoes, leaving the juices behind so it was not as messy/soggy. I also cut this recipe in half for the two of us, and used flavored (Provencal) goat cheese crumbles. If I ordered this in a restaurant, I'd be impressed. Flavorful, beautiful appetizer or snack.