Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By putting some sour cream in the soup, it actually cools off some of the heat from the jalapeno pepper. Another way would be to not put so much jalapeno in in the first place! Either way it's a great soup! This recipe is from Weight Watchers. Note: I do not follow the Weight Watchers diet; I am providing this recipe for those who do. I add salt and other seasonings that I like. You may do as you wish.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 tomatillos, husked and quartered
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces rotelle pasta or 1 1⁄2 ounces radiatore, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon natural almonds, sliced
- In medium saucepan, heat oil; add onion and garlic.Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.Add broth, tomatillos and jalapeno pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer,partially covered, 7 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In blender or food processor, puree tomatillo mixture, in batches, until smooth; return to saucepan. Add pasta and sour cream; cook just until heated through. Ladle evenly into 4 soup bowls; sprinkle with almonds.