- 1⁄4 lb tomatillo
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, deseeded, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, destemeed, and deseeded
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 4 slices white bread, crust removed, and torn into pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove the stems and husks from the tomatillos and rinse them. Place the tomatilloson a broiler pan and broil until the skins blister, crack, and begin to blacken. Remove from the broiler and cut off any black spots.
- Put all ingredients (including tomatillos) in a blender and blend until smooth. Just before serving, heat just the amount you'll be serving.