Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an approximation of a wonderful Tom Ka Khi from my local Thai restaurant. This is my first attempt, will be tweaking, so changes are imminent. I like to serve this on top of rice, though that is probably not traditional.
- 2 quarts water
- 18 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 20 kaffir lime leaves
- 1⁄4 cup galangal
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, quartered
- 12 ounces straw mushrooms
- 3 stalks lemongrass, cut in to 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in to pieces
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Mix water, boulion, coconut milk, leaves, galanga, lemongrass, sirrach, honey together and bring to a boil.
- Add green onions, mushrooms, straw mushrooms, bring back to boil.
- Add chicken breast.
- Boil for 1 hours.
- EAT! YUM!