Recipe by Ilysse
Made this up when a recipe I printed turned out to have mixed up directions and missing amounts. I think it turned out very well so posting it here to be able to find it again. You can add other vegetables to this if you happen to have them; I added broccoli as I had a half of a head that wasn't doing anything at the moment. Prep time is marinating time...
- 1 lb tofu, drain, press and dice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head bok choy, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- vegetable oil, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together the hoisin, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger.
- add the diced tofu and stir to coat.
- let marinate at least 30 minutes, tossing to coat every so often.
- heat about a tablespoon or so of oil in a large skillet on med heat.
- with a slotted spoon remove tofu from the marinade.
- save the marinade and add the tofu to the pan.
- stir fry until the tofu is browned
- remove tofu from the pan and set aside.
- add more oil if needed to the pan and add the bok choy and bell pepper.
- stir fry until crisp tender.
- add the tofu and the marinade and toss well letting the marinade boil slightly.
- add the green onion and stir together well.
- serve with hot cooked rice or asian type noodles.