1/1 Photo of Toffee Sandwiches
Buttery toffee-flecked cookies with a toffee-flecked buttercream filling...yum:) Interestingly enough, I got this recipe from a friend in my aerobics class--I'm assuming these cookies will be the reason both of us show up to class faithfully!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar or 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1COOKIES: Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until well blended, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- 4Add the vanilla.
- 5Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture just until combined.
- 6Stir in the toffee bits (the dough will be stiff).
- 7Drop dough by rounded tsp.
- 82" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets; bake for 10 minutes, or until set--do not brown.
- 9Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 10Meanwhile, make the FILLING: In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter until smooth and light.
- 11Gradually add the powdered sugar, blending well after each addition.
- 12Add the vanilla and enough half-and-half to reach desired spreading consistency.
- 13At this point, you can stir more toffee bits into the frosting, or sprinkle them on top of the frosting.
- 14Spread frosting on the bottom halves of the cooled cookies; top with remaining cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toffee Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1794.6
- Calories from Fat 730
- Total Fat 81.1 g
- Saturated Fat 50.3 g
- Cholesterol 300.5 mg
- Sodium 1038.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 259.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 196.4 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: