Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
had this recipe at a potluck ..and it was wonderful..a favorite of my husband
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- heat oven to 400*.
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup toffee bits, pecans, butter and sugar in a large bowl, till well mixed.
- Press firmly onto bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Pour milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mixed. Beat with wire whisk 1-2 minutes or until well blended.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups pudding into bottom of crust.
- Gently stir half of the cool whip topping into remaining pudding.
- Spread over pudding in pan.
- Top with remaining cool whip.and sprinkle with toffee bits.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
I was asked to make dessert for our 4th of July party. Instead of the "old reliable" 3 or 4 that I always make, I decided to take a chance and make something different. Everyone at the party raved about this dessert and agreed that it definitely rated 5+ stars. (The crust is awesome) I used a bag of toffee bits, so instead of only putting 1/2 cup on top, I used the rest of the package. This brought out more of the "toffee" flavor. The next time I make it, I am going to use 3 boxes of the pudding, put half on the crust, and adjust the Cool Whip accordingly for the remaining half. The crust can definitely handle more filling on top. I am also going to try this recipe with white chocolate pudding.