I had this salad at one of my favorite restaurants. I couldn't figure out the secret until I toasted the walnuts. This salad blends all the flavors together well, it is a great side to just about anything. Easy to put together and chill while you cook other things. If you don't have raspberry vinaigrette, try with Five Star House Salad Dressing.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Stir in walnut pieces and coat with butter.
- Stir for 4 minutes and remove from pan and set aside.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Toss greens, mandarin orange segments and crumbled cheese.
- Toss with toasted walnuts and serve with raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing.