Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
QUinoa ginger mango heaven modified from nut cluster recipe on cookingquinoa.com
Make and share this Toasted Quinoa Mango-Ginger Bliss recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried mango, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raw organic sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 egg whites, beaten
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes and drain. Quinoa will be slightly under cooked but will continue to cook in the oven.
- 2. Place quinoa on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add oats and cook for 15 more minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- 3. Combine quinoa mixture, nuts, mango, ginger, sugar and salt. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla and eggs. Combine with quinoa mixture.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Make clusters by placing 1/4 cup of mixture on baking shed and flattening to 1/4 inch inch. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating cookie sheet half way through. Allow to cool on wire rack. Store in air tight container.