Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This creamy orzo is so rich and yummy! Enjoy!
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown orzo in 3 tablespoons butter, stirring often until pasta is toasted and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to orzo and cook until pasta is tender. You could drain pasta, but I like to cook it down a little more and leave it creamy.
- While pasta is cooking, saute onions and garlic cloves until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add onions and garlic, toasted pine nuts, and fresh parsley to orzo. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You could serve straight away, or you could leave it in a warm oven until the rest of your meal is ready!
We liked this a lot. I simmered it for awhile until it did the creamy thing. I wasn't sure how much onion to use so I just used a small one. Next time (there will be a next time) I will use more onion. But it was still good. I have never had orzo before. Now I will make it more. Made for PAC spring 2010. Thank you.
This is really tasty!! I have never made orzo before and now I have a permanent recipe to go to! Was easy to make; it got done a little before the rest of the meal so I just turned on simmer and covered it. It cooked out some the extra liquid and not too dry or too soupy. Will be making again! Made for New Kids on the Block tag.