Recipe by Alison J.
From License to Grill, with Rob Rainford.
Top Review by Cookworm
I'm so sorry. This neither tasted good to us nor did it turn out correctly. I cooked the dish at 350 for 45 minutes and the potatoes were still tough. The flavor combinations in this sounded excellent but in the end they did not turn out well for any of us. I am sorry.
- 6 large new potatoes, sliced into discs
- 2 leeks, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 10 slices pancetta or 10 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 3 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat barbecue to 325F (medium heat).
- Tear off a large enough piece of foil to make an 8x8" package. Place 1/3 of potato slices on foil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with 1/2 the leeks, pancetta, garlic, and sage.
- Repeat a layer of potatoes, then a layer of the remaining leeks, pancetta, garlic, and sage. Season with pepper and top with the remaining potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top layer with gorgonzola and drizzle with cream.
- Seal up the foil package and place on grill. Cook for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.