Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My boss had so many raspberries that she did not know what to do with them. She found this recipe and used them instead of the blueberries. They are wonderful. You only need 1/2 of the topping for one recipe. I hope that you enjoy them!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease muffin tins or line with paper.
- To make muffin batter, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Place vegetable oil in 1 cup measuring sup, add egg and extract and then enough milk to fill the cup. (approximately 1/3 cup milk).
- Mix this with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries lightly.
- Fill prepared muffin cups to the top and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- To make crumb topping, combine the last 4 ingredients.
- Mix with fork and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake 20-25 minutes in preheated oven or until muffins test done.
Maybe I shouldn't have chosen a recipe that was titled as "to die for", as it had my expectations for them pretty high. I followed the recipe to a t and they were good, just not great. I did like them better after they had a chance to cool, rather than right out of the oven. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I hope that someone tries them and does find them to die for. :)