Recipe by Hill Family
This is what Tiramisu should taste like. Mary Helen learned from the masters at Da Gina's Restaurant in Italy.
- 5 eggs, separated into whites & egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 20 ladyfingers
- 2 cups espresso
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 ounces cream cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar for a couple of minutes, then slowly add the mascarpone cheese and whipped egg whites. Beat again until it peaks.
- In a cake tin, layer the lady fingers after they had been soaked in coffee and rum, put half the mascarpone on top.
- Then make another layer of lady fingers and coat with the second half of the mascarpone cheese.
- In addition you may add 4 oz cream cheese to the mascarpone for flavor.
- Garnish with cocoa and refrig to chill for 6-8 hours.