Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Traditional Italian Desert. The name translates to "pick me up" -- and it will :-)
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 24 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 4 large egg whites, beaten in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form
- 2 cups cold espresso, sweetened
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 42 ladyfingers (Imported)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale yellow (about 8 minutes).
- Fold the mascarpone into the eggs until thoroughly incorporated and smooth.
- GENTLY fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Don’t whip air into the mixture; it should be creamy and smooth.
- Mix the coffee and brandy (or milk) in a medium bow.
- Quickly dip the 21 of the lady fingers into the coffee mixture one at a time and place them in the bottom of a 9x14 dish, spread half of the mascarpone mixture on the lady fingers.
- Sprinkle half the cocoa powder on top with a fine mesh strainer.
- Repeat the process with remaining ladyfingers, cheese and cocoa.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for several hrs before serving.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate before serving.
Sooooo good!!! Exactly what i was looking for!!
Very easy to make and was delish !