Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy dessert called "pick me up cake". Coffee flavor and ameretto are the stars of this cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 cups strong coffee, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 48 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 semi-sweet chocolate baking square (to garnish)
- Whip the cream with 2 T sugar, in a chilled bowl until stiff. Set aside.
- Blend egg yolks with the remaining sugar until pale yellow.
- Fold mascarpone into egg mixture until thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold whip cream into egg mixture, gently but thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl combine coffee and Amaretto.
- Dip the lady fingers quickly into the coffee mixture.
- Layer into a 9 x 13 pan, covering the bottom with lady fingers.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture over the lady fingers.
- Repeat for another layer.
- Sift cocoa over the top until evenly dispersed.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
- Chill for at least one hour. Serve.
This is a perfectly nice, easy to pull together tiramisu. The recipe reduced down to a third well (there's just 2 of us eating it, and I only had half a cup of cream around). When I make tiramisu again, I'll make sure my sponge fingers are properly soggy; they must be less absorbant than lady fingers. I might also flavour the mascarpone cheese/egg mixture as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe JudesP!