Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is my own dinner "creation" of a pan of tiny, colorful and sweet tinkerbell peppers on ground chicken meat (of course beef would also do) topped with potatoes and batatas (sweet potatoes) and fresh chopped parsley or cilantro. I didn't feel like cooking dinner the other day but then this combination turned out really easy and delicious! The eye rejoices in a festival of colors, yellow, green and red peppers with the creamy potatoes and orange batatas with green parsley on top of the spicy chicken meat.
- 1 lb ground chicken (or beef)
- 1⁄2 lb tinker bell pepper
- 1⁄2 lb potato
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (for frying)
- sweet paprika
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- Clean and wash potatoes/batatas, don't peel. Cut in small pieces or slices and put to cook until tender.
- In the meantime halve the peppers, clean and wash them.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, when hot add ground chicken and peppers, stir and fry until meat turns brown.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and other spices to taste.
- When oil is absorbed, add a little hot water, as needed, and add the chicken broth powder, to taste.
- Keep stirring so meat won't stick to pan.
- When ready add the cooked potatoes/batatas to the frying pan on top of the chicken, mix well.
- Add the chopped parsley or cilantro and mix well again. Enjoy!