1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Serve this on top of a crisp tostada or as a filling for tacos. Would make a nice appetizer served in mini taco shells.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 roma tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 chipotle chiles
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 white onion, sliced thin
- 6 red potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano (not Greek)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled mexican queso fresco or 1 cup feta cheese
- 1Over a medium heat, bring the chicken, salt, pepper and garlic powder, with water to cover, to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and allow the chicken to cool in the water, until you are able to handle it.
- 3Remove the skin and coarsely shred the meat; set aside.
- 4Over a high heat, in a sauté pan, char and blister tomatoes on all sides. Do not use oil.
- 5Remove from heat and add the chicken stock and chipotles.
- 6Cool; pour into a blender, puree until smooth; Set aside.
- 7Put the chorizo and onions in a stockpot, cook over medium heat.
- 8When the chorizo releases some of its oil, add the diced potatoes; reduce heat to low; cook until the potatoes have browned and slightly tender.
- 9Add cumin, oregano, pepper, shredded chicken and the pureed tomato mixture; simmer 10 minutes.
- 10Add salt to taste.
- 11Serve in deep bowls, top with avocado and cheese, with a side of corn tortillas and Mexican beer.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tinga Poblana De Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.4
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 143.3 mg
- Sodium 1202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 41.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: