Recipe by ~Robyn~
Given to me by a Mexican lady in the AM exercise class at the holiday potluck, this was divine!. It is a delicious chicken stew.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 onions, sliced very thin
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer chicken in water a chunk of onion and some salt till cooked then shred.
- Dip tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds then peel and seed.
- In a blender combine peeled tomatoes, chipoltles with a bit of the adobo, the tomato sauce, salt and blend till smooth.
- In oil saute onions till translucent, add shredded chicken and sauce and mix all together.
- Serve on warm tortillas.