Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Given to me by a Mexican lady in the AM exercise class at the holiday potluck, this was divine!. It is a delicious chicken stew.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 onions, sliced very thin
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Simmer chicken in water a chunk of onion and some salt till cooked then shred.
- Dip tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds then peel and seed.
- In a blender combine peeled tomatoes, chipoltles with a bit of the adobo, the tomato sauce, salt and blend till smooth.
- In oil saute onions till translucent, add shredded chicken and sauce and mix all together.
- Serve on warm tortillas.
This is a very tasty dish and it was a treat used as a burrito filling. Served with sliced avocado and mixed greens. Loved it and will likely make again.
Great dish! This was delicious. I served it over corn cakes, topped with sour cream, pico de gallo, and green onion. Loved it. Thanks for sharing!
Was very good. I like to slightly improvise while cooking most recipes and this was no exception. I added 3 cloves of garlic and some cilantro in addition to the other ingredients. Served in a warm flour tortilla with sliced avocado and topped with sour cream. Thanks for posting a winner!!