Recipe by Ms B.
I found this on the Epicurious website, and my husband loved it served with buttered garlic noodles and steamed green beans. The original recipe called for Pollock or Pacific cod, but I always have Tilapia on hand for this easy dish.
Top Review by mmnelson317
This recipe is excellent! My husband says it's the tastiest prepared tilapia he's had and I agree. I used light sour cream and reduced the butter by half and it was still very decadent. Highly recommend!
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup water, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together sour cream and flour.
- Put leeks in a heavy skillet with butter, 1/3 cup water, salt and pepper. Cover skillet with a tight fitting lid and simmer over medium heat, stirring once or twice, until leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream mixture and remaining 1/3 cup water.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and add to leeks and cook, covered, until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with dill.