Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found that these are a great way to get a bit more fish into our diet, plus they taste great. And by not frying the fish, these are pretty healthy, depending on your toppings. I love topping them with a mango or pineapple salsa and homemade coleslaw.
- 5 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 8 corn tortillas (small size) or 8 flour tortillas (small size)
- cooking spray
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- minced onion (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- fresh salsa (optional)
- lime slice (optional)
- In a nonstick pan, heat over medium high heat the oil and then add the tilapia.
- Season with half the lime juice, salt, cumin and southwest seasoning.
- Once that side is cooked, flip and season, cooking till golden.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and then spray with cooking spray. Add tortilla, cooking and heating both sides.
- Fill tortilla with a portion of fish and then top with desired toppings.
the best tacos ever. just sautee jalapenos, onions, yellow, orange bell peppers with garlic and add to this recipe. amazing
Yum! My whole family loved it! I added cilantro, red/green peppers, onions, sour cream, guacamole and refried beans with it.
This was a fast, easy and low cost meal and low in calories. I read the reviews two days after I made this and next time I cook these I will take the sugguesion of, just sautee jalapenos, onions, yellow, orange bell peppers with garlic and add to fish while cooking. That would add so much flavor. YUM my mouth is watering just thinking of the next time I make this.