Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A spin off of crab cakes because I didn't have any crab meat on hand.
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat crackers, crushed
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shred tilipia into small chunks.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Form mixture into four patties or 'cakes'and place on greased tin foil. Place the foil with cakes on them in oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn broiler on after the ten minutes and cook for another 5 minutes (total cook time is 15 minutes) Tops should begin to look brown and toasted.
A nice easy recipe that looks like it took a lot longer to prepare. As pretty to look at as they are good to eat. I really couldn't taste the spinach in the cakes but it made a nice way to get in some extra veggies. Personally I would like some lemon zest in this recipe and I'll try that the next time, just a little for that brightness it would lend to this dish. But overall I enjoyed the fish prepared this way and would make it again. Thanks for posting bakergirl #14, I would never have thought to make fish cakes out of tilapia!
Fantastic! I took the advise from another review and added lemon zest. Definitely added a great flavor to them. I also used Ritz crackers because its all I had. Will make these again!
These were wonderful! Last time I cooked Tilapia I made extra and froze it just to use for this. They were great and my hubby didn't even taste the spinach!