Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and yummy and quick side that goes great with lots of dishes!
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
- Clean carrots and cut into desired size and shape.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender and drain well.
- In empty pan you just used melt the butter and sugar cooking until the sugar has begun to dissolve. Add thyme or mint and stir to mix.
- Add carrots, stirring gently to coat and cook until glazed. You can brown them if you like but I usually cant wait to eat them!
I tried the mint version and I think it was the first time I have had carrots and mint together. I loved it. I steamed the carrots in my electric steamer instead of boiling. Then, I used low fat margarine and splenda and it still tasted really good. I served it with some steamed fish and the juices from the carrots were great with the fish. Made for PAC spring 2008.
YUMMY! My boys couldn't wait for these to brown and ate them all up with no leftovers! I loved the addition of fresh thyme. Thanks for a recipe I will make again soon.
So,so good! I made the thyme version to go with some leftover chicken for lunch. I used splenda in place of sugar with no problem. Very easy to do, I'm going to try the mint version come summer. Thank you mama for a lovely recipe.