Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Sweet and yummy and quick side that goes great with lots of dishes!
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
I tried the mint version and I think it was the first time I have had carrots and mint together. I loved it. I steamed the carrots in my electric steamer instead of boiling. Then, I used low fat margarine and splenda and it still tasted really good. I served it with some steamed fish and the juices from the carrots were great with the fish. Made for PAC spring 2008.
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean carrots and cut into desired size and shape.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender and drain well.
- In empty pan you just used melt the butter and sugar cooking until the sugar has begun to dissolve. Add thyme or mint and stir to mix.
- Add carrots, stirring gently to coat and cook until glazed. You can brown them if you like but I usually cant wait to eat them!