Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Phase 1 Low-Carb Recipes. Better Homes and Gardens. Page 214. 2 Carbs
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of the meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Set chicken breast halves aside.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture over one side of each chicken breast half.
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink (160 degrees), turning once.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter, keep warm.
- Carefully add chicken broth to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping to loosen browned bits from the pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Pour over chicken.