1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From Sarah Ainley’s book, The World’s Best Recipes, Caribbean section. TIP: you may need to use two limes, depending on their size and juiciness. Or, for a less sharp flavor, use lemons instead. Cook time doesn’t include several hours/overnight marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- black pepper, freshly ground
- cooked rice, to serve
- 1 lime, sliced
- 4 fresh cilantro stems, to garnish
- 1Place chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish or on a platter, skin-side down. With a very sharp knife, slit the thighs lengthwise along the thigh bone of each thigh. Mix the scallion with a little salt and pepper and press the mixture into the slits.
- 2In a small bowl mix together the thyme, garlic, lime or lemon juice and all but 2 tablespoons of the butter. Spoon over each chicken thigh.
- 3Spoon the remaining butter over the top. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in the refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F Remove plastic wrap from the chicken and cover the dish with foil. Bake chicken for 1 hour, then remove the foil and cook for a few minutes to brown. Serve hot, with rice and garnish with lime slices and cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme and Lime Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.8
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 203.7 mg
- Sodium 297.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 33.0 g