Recipe by RigelBee
A recipe from Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed sounded interesting because I have been looking for ways to include more Omega-3's in our diet. The whole wheat and flaxseed in this recipe intrigued me, so I made a couple of adaptations and tried it. It was nice!
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup milled flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by the bread machine manufacturer and select the basic dough cycle.
- When dough is complete, dump it out onto lightly oiled baking sheet and roll it into a loaf. Spray top lightly with oil.
- Proof in oven for about an hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until browned.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.