Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Get both fruit and veggies into your family's diet with this delicous dinner salad. The colorful and tasty ingredients that include fresh spinach leaves and mixed spring greens, sliced strawberries, tangarine segments, sugar snap peas and chicken; tossed in a Raspberry Vinaigrette and topped with toasted walnuts and crumbled goat cheese, make for a satisfying, full-flavored entree.
- 4 cups mixed spring greens, washed and dried
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 5 tangerines or 5 clementines, separated into segments
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, washed and halved
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- Chill a large serving bowl; add the first nine ingredients and gently toss with the vinaigrette. Top with the goat cheese crumbles; spoon onto 4 chilled serving plates. A warm, crusty baguette and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc wine make this meal complete. ENJOY!
- RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:.
- Combine vinegar, onion, and honey in food processor or blender; process until well blended. With the motor running, slowly add in the oil. Process.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; add the parsley. Transfer to large screw-top jar or container with lid.
- The vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Bring to room temperature and whisk before serving. Makes about 1 cup.
Only had strawberries for fruit but turned out very good. Would like the dressing a bit thicker so may add Dijon next time.
This was incredibly good. I did find the dressing a little tart, so I added a little bit of maple syrup. When I make this again I will cut back on the vinegar just a little. Thanks for a very good refreshing recipe!
This was amazing and fresh. I'll be making this again for my all of my friends!