Recipe by Trixie735
Comfort food! My husband loves tuna melt sandwiches. I like to pair these with a great bowl of homemade tomato soup or a great baked potato soup. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄4 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish (or diced pickles = to 4 tsps)
- 8 teaspoons margarine, somewhat softened (or butter)
- 8 teaspoons KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 slices bread (your favorite, we like Aunt Hattie's)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. Spread margarine on one side of all 8 slices of bread.
- 3. Coat buttered side of bread with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Place buttered side of bread into hot pan.
- 5. Layer with 1 slice cheddar cheese, then tuna mix, then 1 slice of American cheese, then place other slide on top, buttered side out.
- 6. Cook both sides until golden brown.